Monday, March 23, 2015

Completed Pinky Purply Chevron Crochet Blanket

I've been crocheting The Royal Sisters' chevron granny blanket for around 14 months, and I'm super pleased that it's finally completed! What do you think? I'm really proud of it actually and relieved that it's finally done ~ I love crocheting because it's so therapeutic, but after all these months of the same pattern, I was SO ready for my next project!



Can I share a secret?  I can't actually chain properly ~ it's the reverse of what it's suppose to be! I chained 240 stitches using size 5 hook, casted off, and started from the other end which is handy because if I mess up the pattern, I don't need to re-count the chains. I used a size 4 hook to crochet the rest of the pattern which suits me as my stitches are tight.

I started off with two lots of 100g Vera Moda yarn ~ dark, medium and light purple, and dark, medium and light pink, but ending up buying additional balls of the medium and light shades. I had plenty of the dark yarns left so I was able to crochet three rows for the side borders.

There are sixty-six rows of colour with three rows for each colour so that a total of one hundred and ninety eight rows! The completed blanket measures 145cm (W) x 147cm (L).


I haven't decided on my next crochet project yet but I'm keen to use the Stylecraft Special DK yarns I ordered from the UK over a year ago so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment