Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cross Stitched Penguins



Even though I haven't been actively blogging, I've still been buying craft books and making things!  These penguins are from a Japanese cross stitch booked filled with 1,500 motifs which arrived a couple of weeks ago. Since the book is Japanese, I can't tell you the title, but I bought it from Etsy from a Japanese craft book retailer that I've been buying from for a few years.


I used DMC 791 on 14 count aida fabric, and the piece will be stuck on cardstock and made into a card for Janice's birthday.


We didn't grow these beautiful ornamental kale, but they look gorgeous with our orchids which are in full bloom this winter.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute penguins! And the Ornamental Kale is a beautiful colour, I am going to grow some one day.

    ReplyDelete