Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Felt Fruit Flan


I bought a few sets of felt sweet kits from Daiso in Singapore a few years ago, and I was in the mood to make one on Saturday (it's a good thing I have a well stocked craft cupboard to suit my craft whims).  Not only are they super cute, but they are functional as well because they are actually fridge magnets.


The kits come with pre-cut felt pieces, stuffing, embroidery threads and a magnet, and instructions are in English and Japanese.


It's a pity my edible pastry never turns out so well! Mmmm... creme patissiere, my absolute favourite!


To make the flan a little "healthier", add a couple of strawberries and a piece of kiwi fruit. Decorate with a swirl of whipped cream (to boost your daily calcium intake).


It's a long time between felt sweets projects because I made the cupcake below about three years ago.  Two more kits to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment