Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birds and Birdhouse Cross Stitch

I see plain objects as embelishment opportunities, so when I ventured into Tokuya many months ago and spotted these large bamboo flip top containers, I needed to do more cross stitch (like I need an excuse!) I bought smaller baskets last year which I also decorated with cross stitch motifs (see this entry) so now I have even more containers to store my random bits and pieces!


The pattern is from Rico Design's Belle Fleur which I bought from the Craft & Quilt Fair last year. For the past couple of years I've been treating myself to one...or two of the Rico series because their designs are lovely and the patterns can be personalise to suit any project. This cross stitch is a combination of 3 different patterns, and the limited colours used means that the designs are coordinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment